Dear Fellow Employee Partners of Audubon Country Club,
The country is in a crisis. Everybody is working to keep this novel coronavirus in check. The management team and myself are working under these guidelines:
- Do our requirements and recommendations to help with this global issue
- Keep the safety of the staff at the highest of importance.
- Ensure the financial health of the club
We are in a time of uncertainty with the coronavirus pandemic. Although, all of us have done everything possible to minimize the impact of the virus on our club, we still need to implement some very difficult decisions. I would like you to know that this action is not easily taken and is made only after long and careful review of many options. With the requirement of closing bars and restaurants, and the elimination of gatherings of 10 or more people we have to make some actions.
We must discontinue most hourly staff working for the foreseeable future. I know this is difficult news, and as I mentioned, this decision was made after a long and careful review and with the knowledge that many good people would be affected. In this time of uncertainty, we’ve researched every conceivable option to minimize the impact of these changes on each department, but unfortunately all those options still require us to make some very difficult decisions. At this point I need to go over the details of the rest of your week/day, as well as the resources that the club will provide to assist you. We encourage you to use any sick or vacation time that you have available. If you are unsure of how much time you have available please contact Eric Maier for that information.
I understand that this is a lot of news to take in, but we encourage you to review this information as soon as possible. If you have questions, contact Eric Maier OR Crystal Brown.
Options for employees out of work due to the Coronavirus:
- Sick/Vacation- If you would like to use your sick or vacation time, please email your request to Crystal at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to March 28th. Please keep in mind that you cannot receive both sick/vacation pay and unemployment at the same time. If use take sick/vacation time, then you should file for unemployment after.
- Unemployment -you can file for unemployment with no waiting period. There are 2 ways to file:
- Website- https://kcc.ky.gov
- Phone- (502) 875-0442
- Restaurant Workers Relief Program- relief center for any restaurant worker who has been laid off or has had a significant reduction in hours. Will need a paystub or proof of restaurant employment.
- They will have available free of charge: to go dinners, diapers, wipes, toilet paper, baby food, non-perishable can food, cereal, and Tylenol.
- Location: 610 Magnolia Ave.
- 7 nights a week from 5:00-8:30 p.m.
For the latest information on the coronavirus in Kentucky, please visit kycovid19.ky.gov.
- Age 21 or older
- 1 year of service
- 1,000+ service hours